- Block Blue Light
- Prevent Eye Strain
- Reduce Headaches
- Sleep Better
Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS Computer Gaming Glasses
Protect and enhance your vision from digital eye strain and blue light
GUNNAR Computer glasses are designed to make your eyes not have to work so hard. Your eyes work hard all day and, spending hours in front of a digital device can be additionally hard on the eye muscles. GUNNAR’S exclusive design blocks blue light and reduces eye strain while increasing contrast, protection, and focus. The result: improved clarity, comfort, and performance.
How They Work
- Lens focusing power removes the eye muscle strain and keeps the eyes feeling fresh.
- Amber lenses filter high-frequency blue light that can cause both short-term and long-term issues.
- Frame and lens designs hold in humidity and reduce dry eyes and irritation to ease eye strain.
- Amber lenses add contrast to help sharpen characters and shapes on your screen.
- Anti-reflective lens coatings eliminate glare and visual distractions to the eye.
Digital Eye Strain also called Computer Vision Syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer screen for extended periods of time. Symptoms can include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, fatigue, eye strain, dry eyes, irritated eyes, double vision, vertigo/dizziness, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes. These symptoms can be further aggravated by blue light exposure.
The blue light radiated from digital screens reaches deeper into the eye and its cumulative effect can cause damage to the retina and can cause the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Blue light has also been linked to cataracts and sleep disorders.
I recommend my patients take proactive measures to protect their vision from all the digital screens they look at. The easiest but most unrealistic solution is to stop or limit using digital devices. The realistic approach is to recommend or prescribe computer glasses to take that strain out of the eyes. Glasses with a slight amount of magnification to take the strain off the eyes along with anti-glare and blue light tint to absorb the blue light emitted from electronics. -Dr. Eric White O.D.
Blue light can cause:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Slower metabolism
- Disrupted melatonin levels